13 December 2009

Charity in the Festival of Lights!

Celebrate Hanukkah also helping the environment and doing charity.


On Chanukah, it is traditional to give children Chanukah Guelt - Money Hanukkah. One reason for this custom is the opportunity to offer them positive reinforcement for exemplary behavior, and encourage them to donate a portion to tzedakah - charity. This commandment (mitzvah), helps children understand the importance of charity (tzedakah) also when they are adults.

Some useful examples for charity on Hanukkah:

Ner Shel Tzedakah (Candle of Justice)A project for the sixth night of Chanukah Dedicating the night of Chanukah 6 to learn about the problem of poverty. Donate the value of gifts (or the gifts themselves) that would otherwise exchange on that night to organizations that help the poor.

Light Among the Nations
If each family had one light bulb with a CFL (compact fluorescent lamps), it would have the same impact as removing 1.3 million cars off the road. Celebrate Chanukah taking action to resolve the crisis of climate change. This campaign is to involve the community Jewish education, advocacy, and concrete measures to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases. Visit the Coalition on the Environment and Jewish Life (COEJL) to find out how you can participate in this important campaign.

Sustaining the Light: A Social Justice Program Guide for Chanukah. A new program guide of the Commission for Social Action, which highlights the themes of social justice of Chanukah - the environment, economic justice, children's issues, religious freedom - and describes the activities that flow from them. In the guide you will find ideas of social action program for families, social action committees, youth groups and other groups synagogue. We hope this material will help you make your Chanukah observance one that inspires acts of righteousness (Tzedek) and tsedaká (charity).

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adelle,

Fell done!Good helpping another peoples.
Nice read this.I like Shiri Maimon music spesially.Hebrea language is beautifull.

(hug)

Isha Shiri said...

Yes!
Shiri Maimon is a great singer!

She is very sweet too!

Kiss beautiful Kata

NURA said...

halo ADELLE.ISHA
nice post
thank for visit in ALJUBAIL.SAUDI.ARABIA and follow me,
and comment to my blog.
Im people from INDONESIA,but life in ALJUBAIL.S.A ,with my husband and my children.
I like too your blog...very nice.

Slamdunk said...

You can't go wrong helping others--nice suggestions.

Happy Hanukkah to you and your family.

Jani said...

Hi,Adelle!It is nice get new friends!I am fine.
How are you?Kata is very lovely wife.Your are very friendly and our good friends!You husband is very nice too.My best congratulate your baby coming:)

Shalom!GOD BLESS YOU!!!

Jani from Finland!

Anonymous said...

Beautifull Adelle,

It playsstation is my subrise my husband(laughs).He like player games very much.But not pink playstation.
No I don`t really buy he this,but it is cute.
I play too,but very little, singstar games is my favourite.

Your princess games was certainly memorable.
(smile)

I go listen you youtube this great singer Shiri Maimon.I love it son.Thanks address!

YOU HAVE A AWARD PRESEND my blog.Come get.
Copy it your blog if you want it.
It is my presend your Hanukka party:)

Happy for your day,kisses my friend Adelle.

Kata

Krista said...

Hello Isla shiri,I wound this your very beautifull blog.Iam interesting this.God bless you and i send you smile!

Kirsti said...

Hello dear Isha Shiri,thank this post what you tell in Hanukkah.It is good and iam happy your blog space.I love israel.God be with you always.
Shalom and my greetings here Finland.

-Kirsti-

Anonymous said...

Hi Adelle,you are so specially=)

No matter.I understand.I tried send HTML code to you blog.If i know how it doing.

I coming you youtube space and love this songs there:)I come this pace again and again and again listening Shiri Maimon.Hih.Thank!

You write fell my language finnish.
Good at you like it pics where childrens prayer and report my write it.All much happen.
I hope at your country get peaces.
I pray with you at this men fell good and the terrorist organization Hamas stop violences.

Kisses my dear friend,
Katariina(Kata)

Anonymous said...

This address my presend pictures for you:

http://fashionsweetyroom.blogspot.com/2009/12/over-top-award.html

I mean that you blog is over the top:)

I write you just comment,but not now at send i it for you.Sorry.Smile and shalom!!!

duardo said...

Hello Adelle.
Smile and kiss.

ScrinS said...

Hola Isha, no se cúal es el motivo he estado mirando y no lo encuentro. He consultado con el foro de ayuda por el momento no hay respuesta, yo os sigo a ver si así conseguimos solucionar el fallo, si no habrá que esperar a que google me de una solución.

Gracias por el aviso, abrazos

Dediu Nicolae said...

Very nice blog!
And I expect you to visit my blogs.

william said...

Oiii :)
em português é mais facil...
meu inglês é ruím ://

comecei a jogar poker onteem
e já tou um gênio!
rsrsrsrsrs
qualquer coisa me add do msn
pra cê me ensinar como que se joga de verdade
hehe
email: william.lovee@live.com

se cuida