11 February 2010

Oasis of Peace

There is a way, if equal multiplication actions with courage and love.

Neve Shalom / Wahat al-Salam, is a cooperative village of Jews and Palestinian Arabs of Israeli citizenship. The village is situated equidistant from Jerusalem and Tel Aviv-Jaffa.

Community
The reality of Neve Shalom - Wahat al-Salam as a binational community serves as the base for its educational work. This section has articles and reports on the village’s government, infrastructure, and future development plans, some pages about community members, and a chronicle of events. Information regarding the volunteer program can be found here.

Educational work
Neve Shalom - Wahat al-Salam gives practical expression to its vision of an egalitarian society through pioneering educational work at The School for Peace, Children’s Educational System and the Pluralistic Spiritual Centre. A Youth Club provides extracurricular activities for the community’s children.

Humanitarian Aid
The village operates a program to provide humanitarian assistance - mainly, but not exclusively, medical relief - for Palestinian villagers affected by the ongoing conflict. The project is conducted by NSWAS residents on a voluntary basis and is supported by donations of money and materials from Israel and abroad.

How to help
Neve Shalom/Wahat al-Salam could not conduct its educational work or continue to develop without the moral and financial support of foundations and individuals in many places. Please contact us to learn how you can help. This section also has information about volunteer work in NSWAS and internship.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Isla Shiri,nice to "meet" you again!
I`m glad its.

Interesting heard.What Hanukkah party doing?
"Festival of Lights" is loveling name yours party.

Yes my brother is visit there many times.
He like travellings countrys.israel is near my heard.I think at many finnish people think same.

Lovely music=)I say again.
Sleep well,kisses and God bless you!

Carlos Gesmundo said...

Neve Shalom/Wahat al-Salam is a seed of Peace. Thanks, Adelle, for stories like this that provide hope.

Anonymous said...

Hi again:)You have got award/presend my blog.
Angel to Chrismas,but I have give this yours
party Hanukka.I give this because iam glad to we friendhip!!

Slamdunk said...

Sounds like an interesting place and a great idea.

peter said...

I´m very glad to know there also movements in Israel against the apartheid,I´m from the Netherlands but live in Spain (cataluña)my two children (age 11&/22)they grew up here we live near the coast, at school we have Arabs,colombian,German,Dutch,African,Chinese, childs and i must say in general there is no difference between, at home in private they have their own customs and religions,the world is getting smaller and we MUST share it,children are innocents and i dont like people that manipulate them showing them how to kill (Hamas and Jewish settelers)i think we must STOP this !
am I a antisemite ? NO ! look here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNQSV3BBtZ4
Like it or not IDF has comitted warcrimes trying out new and horrible arms against innocents,like white phosporus and Depleted uranium,Research by Amnesty International into Operation “Cast Lead” showed elements of reckless conduct, disregard for civilian lives and property and a consistent failure on the part of Israeli forces to distinguish between military targets and civilians and civilian objects.
For me GOD is love and weapons are the instuments of "Satan".
My home is where my heart is,here in Spain.
Peter van Duuren.

Isha Shiri said...

Peter

I'm glad you share the view that children can do better the future of humanity.

My husband has a son who live in Israel and belongs to the IDF (it's mandatory military service in Israel). We live in sorrow because of that and we do not like attitudes of some IDF. But we knows that without the IDF, Israel would not exist.

In war there is not justice. All weapons kill or injure the same way.

I wish peace for you.
Adelle

شَــــذَا رُوْحٍــــــيُ said...

Dear

We are very happy to be in your own

I am Egyptian and know that most Israelis do not like Egyptians

And vice versa ..

But I hope that our friendliness and compassion and mercy and love

I love peace very reel violence and fighting

My dear I hope to reconcile and happy for my simple Bm'rourk

You love

Isha Shiri said...

Thanks My Friend شـــذا ♥ روحــــي ♥